This article is more than one year old. Older articles may contain outdated content. Check that the information in the page has not become incorrect since its publication.
Kubernetes Community Meeting Notes - 20160121
January 21 - Configuration, Federation and Testing, oh my.
Note taker: Rob Hirshfeld
Use Case (10 min): SFDC Paul Brown
SIG Report - SIG-config and the story of #18215.
- Application config IN K8s not deployment of K8s
- Topic has been reuse of configuration,specifically parameterization(aka templates). Needs:
- include scoping(cluster namespace)
- slight customization (naming changes, but not major config)
- multiple positions on how todo this including allowing external or simple extensions
- PetSet creates instances w/stable namespace
- Distributed Chron. Challenge is that configs need to create multiple objects in sequence
- Trying to figure out how balance the many config options out there (compose, terraform,ansible/etc)
- Goal is to “meet people where they are” to keep it simple
- Q: is there an opinion for the keystore sizing
- large size / data blob would not be appropriate
- you can pull data(config) from another store for larger objects
SIG Report - SIG-federation - progress on Ubernetes-Lite & Ubernetes design
Goal is to be able to have a cluster manager, so you can federate clusters. They will automatically distribute the pods.
Plan is to use the same API for the master cluster
Conformance testing Q+A Isaac Hollander McCreery
- status on conformance testing for release process
- expect to be forward compatible but not backwards
- is there interest for a sig-testing meeting
- testing needs to a higher priority for the project
- lots of focus on trying to make this a higher priority To get involved in the Kubernetes community consider joining our Slack channel, taking a look at the Kubernetes project on GitHub, or join the Kubernetes-dev Google group. If you’re really excited, you can do all of the above and join us for the next community conversation -- January 27th, 2016. Please add yourself or a topic you want to know about to the agenda and get a calendar invitation by joining this group.