This article is more than one year old. Older articles may contain outdated content. Check that the information in the page has not become incorrect since its publication.
Kubernetes Community Meeting Notes - 20160218
February 18th - kmachine demo, clusterops SIG formed, new k8s.io website preview, 1.2 update and planning 1.3
The Kubernetes contributing community meets most Thursdays at 10:00PT to discuss the project's status via videoconference. Here are the notes from the latest meeting.
- Note taker: Rob Hirschfeld
- Demo (10 min): kmachine [Sebastien Goasguen]
- started :01 intro video
- looking to create mirror of Docker tools for Kubernetes (similar to machine, compose, etc)
- kmachine (forked from Docker Machine, so has the same endpoints)
- Use Case (10 min): started at :15
- SIG Report starter
- Cluster Ops launch meeting Friday (doc). [Rob Hirschfeld]
- Time Zone Discussion [:22]
- This timezone does not work for Asia.
- Considering rotation - once per month
- Likely 5 or 6 PT
- Rob suggested moving the regular meeting up a little
- k8s.io website preview [John Mulhausen] [:27]
- using github for docs. you can fork and do a pull request against the site
- will be its own kubernetes organization BUT not in the code repo
- Google will offer a "doc bounty" where you can get GCP credits for working on docs
- Uses Jekyll to generate the site (e.g. the ToC)
- Principle will be to 100% GitHub Pages; no script trickery or plugins, just fork/clone, edit, and push
- Hope to launch at Kubecon EU
- Home Page Only Preview: http://kub.unitedcreations.xyz
- 1.2 Release Watch [T.J. Goltermann] [:38]
- 1.3 Planning update [T.J. Goltermann]
- GSoC participation -- deadline 2/19 [Sarah Novotny]
- March 10th meeting? [Sarah Novotny]
To get involved in the Kubernetes community consider joining our Slack channel, taking a look at the Kubernetes project on GitHub, or join the Kubernetes-dev Google group. If you're really excited, you can do all of the above and join us for the next community conversation — February 25th, 2016. Please add yourself or a topic you want to know about to the agenda and get a calendar invitation by joining this group.
-- Kubernetes Community