Thursday, October 03, 2019
Authors: Bob Killen (University of Michigan), Jorge Castro (VMware), Brian Grant (Google), and Ihor Dvoretskyi (CNCF)
The 2019 Steering Committee Election is a landmark milestone for the Kubernetes project. The initial bootstrap committee is graduating to emeritus and the committee has now shrunk to its final allocation of seven seats. All members of the Steering Committee are now fully elected by the Kubernetes Community.
Moving forward elections will elect either 3 or 4 people to the committee for two-year terms.
The Kubernetes Steering Committee Election is now complete and the following candidates came ahead to secure two-year terms that start immediately (in alphabetical order by GitHub handle):
- Christoph Blecker (@cblecker), Red Hat
- Derek Carr (@derekwaynecarr), Red Hat
- Nikhita Raghunath (@nikhita), Loodse
- Paris Pittman (@parispittman), Google
They join Aaron Crickenberger (@spiffxp), Google; Davanum Srinivas (@dims), VMware; and Timothy St. Clair (@timothysc), VMware, to round out the committee. The seats held by Aaron, Davanum, and Timothy will be up for election around this time next year.
- Thanks to the initial bootstrap committee for establishing the initial project governance and overseeing a multi-year transition period:
- And also thanks to the other Emeritus Steering Committee Members. Your prior service is appreciated by the community:
- Thanks to the candidates that came forward to run for election. May we always have a strong set of people who want to push the community forward like yours in every election.
- Thanks to all 377 voters who cast a ballot.
- And last but not least…Thanks to Cornell University for hosting CIVS!
Get Involved with the Steering Committee
You can follow along with Steering Committee backlog items and weigh in by filing an issue or creating a PR against their repo. They meet bi-weekly on Wednesdays at 8pm UTC and regularly attend Meet Our Contributors. They can also be contacted at their public mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steering Committee Meetings: