Edit This Page
Add-ons extend the functionality of Kubernetes.
This page lists some of the available add-ons and links to their respective installation instructions.
Add-ons in each section are sorted alphabetically - the ordering does not imply any preferential status.
Networking and Network Policy
- Calico is a secure L3 networking and network policy provider.
- Canal unites Flannel and Calico, providing networking and network policy.
- Cilium is a L3 network and network policy plugin that can enforce HTTP/API/L7 policies transparently. Both routing and overlay/encapsulation mode are supported.
- Contiv provides configurable networking (native L3 using BGP, overlay using vxlan, classic L2, and Cisco-SDN/ACI) for various use cases and a rich policy framework. Contiv project is fully open sourced. The installer provides both kubeadm and non-kubeadm based installation options.
- Flannel is an overlay network provider that can be used with Kubernetes.
- Romana is a Layer 3 networking solution for pod networks that also supports the NetworkPolicy API. Kubeadm add-on installation details available here.
- Weave Net provides networking and network policy, will carry on working on both sides of a network partition, and does not require an external database.
Visualization & Control
- Dashboard is a dashboard web interface for Kubernetes.
- Weave Scope is a tool for graphically visualizing your containers, pods, services etc. Use it in conjunction with a Weave Cloud account or host the UI yourself.
There are several other add-ons documented in the deprecated cluster/addons directory.
Well-maintained ones should be linked to here. PRs welcome!
Create an Issue
Edit this Page