This section of the Kubernetes documentation contains references.
Glossary - a comprehensive, standardized list of Kubernetes terminology
Using The Kubernetes API - overview of the API for Kubernetes.
API access control - details on how Kubernetes controls API access
Officially supported client libraries
To call the Kubernetes API from a programming language, you can use client libraries. Officially supported client libraries:
- Kubernetes Go client library
- Kubernetes Python client library
- Kubernetes Java client library
- Kubernetes C# client library
- Kubernetes Haskell client library
- kubectl - Main CLI tool for running commands and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- kubeadm - CLI tool to easily provision a secure Kubernetes cluster.
kubelet - The primary agent that runs on each node. The kubelet takes a set of PodSpecs and ensures that the described containers are running and healthy.
kube-apiserver - REST API that validates and configures data for API objects such as pods, services, replication controllers.
kube-controller-manager - Daemon that embeds the core control loops shipped with Kubernetes.
kube-proxy - Can do simple TCP/UDP stream forwarding or round-robin TCP/UDP forwarding across a set of back-ends.
kube-scheduler - Scheduler that manages availability, performance, and capacity.
List of ports and protocols that should be open on control plane and worker nodes
This section hosts the documentation for "unpublished" APIs which are used to configure kubernetes components or tools. Most of these APIs are not exposed by the API server in a RESTful way though they are essential for a user or an operator to use or manage a cluster.
- kubeconfig (v1)
- kube-apiserver admission (v1)
- kube-apiserver configuration (v1alpha1) and
- kube-apiserver configuration (v1beta1) and kube-apiserver configuration (v1)
- kube-apiserver encryption (v1)
- kube-apiserver event rate limit (v1alpha1)
- kubelet configuration (v1alpha1) and kubelet configuration (v1beta1) kubelet configuration (v1)
- kubelet credential providers (v1alpha1), kubelet credential providers (v1beta1) and kubelet credential providers (v1) kube-scheduler configuration (v1beta3) and kube-scheduler configuration (v1)
- kube-controller-manager configuration (v1alpha1)
- kube-proxy configuration (v1alpha1)
- Client authentication API (v1beta1) and Client authentication API (v1)
- WebhookAdmission configuration (v1)
- ImagePolicy API (v1alpha1)
Config API for kubeadm
These are the APIs defined by the Kubernetes project, but are not implemented by the core project: