Edit This Page
API Client Libraries
To call the Kubernetes API from a programming language, you can use
client libraries. Officially supported
- kubectl - Main CLI tool for running commands and managing Kubernetes clusters.
- kubeadm - CLI tool to easily provision a secure Kubernetes cluster.
- kubefed - CLI tool to help you administrate your federated clusters.
- kubelet - The primary node agent that runs on each node. The kubelet takes a set of PodSpecs and ensures that the described containers are running and healthy.
- kube-apiserver - REST API that validates and configures data for API objects such as pods, services, replication controllers.
- kube-controller-manager - Daemon that embeds the core control loops shipped with Kubernetes.
- kube-proxy - Can do simple TCP/UDP stream forwarding or round-robin TCP/UDP forwarding across a set of back-ends.
- kube-scheduler - Scheduler that manages availability, performance, and capacity.
- federation-apiserver - API server for federated clusters.
- federation-controller-manager - Daemon that embeds the core control loops shipped with Kubernetes federation.
An archive of the design docs for Kubernetes functionality. Good starting points are Kubernetes Architecture and Kubernetes Design Overview.
Create an Issue
Edit this Page